- 1 teaspoon kosher salt plus more
- 3-4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced or minced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 Fresno chile or red jalapeño, finely chopped
- 2 cups minced fresh cilantro
- 1 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh oregano
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Combine vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt, garlic, shallot, and chile in a medium bowl and let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in cilantro, parsley, and oregano. Using a fork, whisk in oil. Remove 1/2 cup chimichurri to a small bowl, season with salt to taste, and reserve as sauce. Put meat in a glass, stainless-steel, or ceramic dish. Toss with remaining marinade. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours or overnight.
Remove meat from marinade, pat dry, and grill.
Spoon reserved sauce over grilled meat.