- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/3 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons herbes de Provence*
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1 1/2-pound rack of lamb, trimmed
Mince garlic in processor. Add next 5 ingredients. Using on/off turns, process just until basil is finely chopped. Drizzle oil over. Process until mixture is blended. DO AHEAD Can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover; chill.
Preheat oven to 425°F. Sprinkle lamb with salt and pepper. Arrange, bone side down, on small rimmed baking sheet. Press breadcrumb mixture onto lamb, coating completely. Roast until meat thermometer inserted into center of lamb registers 135°F for medium-rare, about 30 minutes. Let lamb rest 15 minutes.
Transfer lamb to cutting board. Cut between bones into individual or double chops. Divide between 2 plates; serve.