Italian food, dinner, veal recipes, main course, meat recipes, involtini recipes, veal involtini recipes, herb recipes, thyme recipes, rosemary recipes, basil recipes, mint recipes, prosciutto recipes, bacon recipes, parmesan recipes, cheese recipes, parmesan cheese recipes, sage recipes, bay leaf r
- 8 2-oz. veal scaloppine (1 lb.), pounded to 1/4' thickness
- 2 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme, divided
- 2 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary, divided
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 16 large fresh basil leaves
- 16 large fresh mint leaves
- 8 very thin slices prosciutto
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Sprinkle each scaloppine with 1/4 tsp. thyme, 1/4 tsp. rosemary, and pepper (do not add salt). Top each with 2 basil leaves, 2 mint leaves, 1 slice prosciutto, and 1/8 of the cheese. Roll up tightly; secure with a toothpick or tie crosswise with 2 pieces of kitchen twine spaced about 1" apart. DO AHEAD Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill.
Dredge rolls in flour; shake off excess. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add rolls; brown on all sides, about 3 minutes total. Transfer to a plate. Add 1/2 tsp. thyme, 1/2 tsp. rosemary, sage leaves, bay leaves, and garlic to skillet. Stir until garlic begins to brown, about 1 minute. Remove from heat; add brandy. Return to heat and cook until slightly reduced, about 2 minutes (brandy may ignite). Reduce heat to medium-low; add cream. Return rolls to skillet; simmer until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes. Turn rolls. Cover; simmer until cheese melts, about 4 minutes. Remove toothpicks or twine.
Place 2 rolls on each of 4 plates. Season sauce with salt and pepper, spoon sauce over rolls, and serve.