- 2 pounds brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/4-inch-thick slices smoked ham (about 6 ounces), coarsely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2/3 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted, chopped
Trim root ends from brussels sprouts. Using sharp knife or processor fitted with coarse shredding disk, thinly slice brussels sprouts into shreds. DO AHEAD Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
Melt butter with olive oil in large deep skillet over medium heat. Add ham; sauté until golden, about 3 minutes. Add garlic; stir 30 seconds. Add brussels sprouts and broth; sauté until crisp-tender but still bright green, 3 to 5 minutes. Season with coarse salt and black pepper. Transfer to serving bowl. Sprinkle with pecans.