- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 serrano chile, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon (packed) chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 12-ounce package queso fresco, cut into finger-size sticks
- 1 12-ounce package queso panela,* cut into finger-size sticks
Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add cilantro, garlic, chile, and basil; stir 10 seconds. Pour mixture into blender and cool. Add vinegar and lime juice. Blend 10 seconds (do not puree until smooth). Pour mojo into medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. DO AHEAD Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature and whisk before using.
Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in heavy large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add cheese sticks to skillet and cook until beginning to brown and soften, adding remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil to skillet as needed, about 40 seconds per side. Transfer cheese sticks to platter after each batch.
Drizzle cheese with some cilantro mojo. Spoon remaining mojo into small bowl to serve alongside.