- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 pound Halloumi cheese,* cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 16 white or whole wheat mini pitas t
- 2 ripe medium tomatoes, cored, halved, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
Whisk 1 teaspoon oil, mint, cumin, and pinch of freshly ground black pepper in medium bowl to blend. Add cheese slices; toss to coat. Marinate at room temperature at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours. DO AHEAD Can be made 2 days ahead. Cover; chill.
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Grill pitas until warm and grill marks appear, about 1 minute per side; transfer to serving plate. Grill cheese until grill marks appear and cheese begins to melt, about 1 minute per side. Stack each warm pita with slice of tomato and cheese. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle tomatoes lightly with sea salt.