- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup semolina flour (pasta flour)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cardamom, divided
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon orange-flower water, orange extract, or orange liqueur (such as Cointreau)
Whisk all-purpose flour, semolina flour, and 1 teaspoon cardamom in a large bowl; set aside. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, salt, and 3/4 cup sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add egg yolks and orange flower water and beat to blend. With mixer on low, add dry ingredients and mix just to blend.
Place dough on a large sheet of parchment paper. Using paper as an aid, roll up dough into a 1 1/2-inch diameter log. Wrap in plastic and chill until firm, about 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 350°. Mix remaining 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 tsp. cardamom in a small bowl. Slice dough into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Dip 1 side of each round in cardamom sugar and arrange, sugar side up, on 2 large parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until golden brown and firm, 20-25 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; let cool.
DO AHEAD: Dough can be made 3 days ahead. Keep chilled. Cookies can be baked 3 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.