- 3 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces soft blue cheese (such as Saga blue), cut into 24 cubes
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 12 grape tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
Lightly butter 24 mini muffin cups (each about 1 3/4 inches in diameter with 1/2-inch-high sides).
Bring broth to boil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium; gradually whisk in cornmeal. Cook until mixture is very thick, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in Parmesan. Season with salt.
Spoon 1 1/2 tablespoons hot polenta into each muffin cup. Using back of spoon, pack polenta firmly into cups. Using finger, make indentation in center of each polenta tart for filling. Chill until cold and set, about 3 hours. DO AHEAD Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; keep chilled.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with foil. Using tip of knife, lift polenta tarts from pan. Transfer tarts, indented side up, to prepared baking sheet. Place 1 blue cheese cube in each indentation. Sprinkle green onion and pine nuts over cheese. Top each tart with 2 tomato quarters. Bake until cheese is melted and polenta is warmed through, about 5 minutes. Transfer tarts to platter; sprinkle with basil and serve.