- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat
- 1/4 cup minced celery heart (including leaves)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 1/2-inch-diameter baguette, cut into scant 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup shredded dry Jack cheese or Cheshire cheese (about 4 ounces)
Shred crabmeat. Add celery, green onions, chives, and lemon peel; toss. Add next 5 ingredients. Season with salt. Cover; chill at least 2 hours. DO AHEAD Can be made 1 day ahead; keep chilled.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Arrange baguette slices in single layer on rimmed baking sheet. Brush both sides of bread with oil. Bake until lightly browned, turning once, about 16 minutes. DO AHEAD Can be made 1 day ahead. Cool. Store crostini in resealable plastic bags at room temperature.
Preheat broiler. Arrange toasts on baking sheet. Spread 1 heaping tablespoon crabmeat mixture onto each; sprinkle with cheese. Broil until cheese melts, about 2 minutes. Serve warm.