- 1 cup diced seeded plum tomatoes
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 large yellow bell peppers
- 4 1/2-inch-thick slices country-style bread (each about 5x2 1/2 inches)
- 1 3-ounce piece Asiago cheese, shaved into strips
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Blend first 3 ingredients and 3 tablespoons oil in small bowl. Season topping with salt and pepper.
Char bell peppers over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides. Enclose in paper bag; let stand 10 minutes. Peel, seed, and slice peppers.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Arrange bread slices on baking sheet; brush with 2 tablespoons oil. Top bread with peppers and cheese shavings. Bake until Asiago melts, about 12 minutes. Transfer bruschetta to plates. Spoon on tomato topping; sprinkle with Parmesan.