- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, caps thinly sliced
- 1 cup beef stock or canned beef broth
- 1 cup chicken stock or canned low-salt chicken broth
- 6 4-ounce veal cutlets, each pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- 24 uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add mushrooms; sauté until beginning to brown, about 3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat; add brandy. Carefully ignite; when flames subside, return to heat. Simmer until brandy is almost evaporated, about 1 minute. Add beef stock and chicken stock; boil 5 minutes. Add cream; boil until sauce coats spoon, about 14 minutes. Pour sauce into bowl; clean skillet.
Place flour in shallow dish. Sprinkle veal cutlets with salt and pepper; coat with flour. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in same heavy large skillet over high heat. Add 3 veal cutlets to skillet and sauté until brown and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer veal to plate. Repeat with remaining veal cutlets. Cover veal to keep warm.
Melt remaining butter in same skillet. Add shrimp; sauté until just opaque in center, about 3 minutes. Pour sauce into skillet; stir until heated through, scraping up any browned bits. Divide veal among plates. Top with shrimp and sauce.