This Insta-Worthy Grain Bowl Tastes Even Better Than It Looks
Venture outside of the predictable grain bowl zone with this smoked salmon and tamari dressing variation. Enjoy with a refreshing Michelob ULTRA, which has only 95 calories and 2.6 carbs per serving, for a guilt-free pairing.
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 cup whole farro, rinsed
- 1 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 stalks celery, thinly sliced , (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 small red cabbage, thinly sliced , (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 small bunch collard greens, stems removed and leaves thinly sliced , (about 2 cups leaves)
- 8 ounces hot-smoked salmon, broken into large pieces
Preheat oven to 425F. On a baking sheet, toss sweet potato with 1 tablespoon sesame oil and salt and roast until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Meanwhile, cook farro in a large pot of boiling water until tender, about 30 minutes. Drain and set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together scallions, lemon juice, tamari, tahini, and honey. Set aside.
To serve, divide cooked farro amongst four bowls. Dividing evenly, top each bowl with celery, cabbage, collard greens, endive, salmon, and roasted sweet potatoes. Serve with tamari dressing.