- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into ½” cubes, chilled in freezer for 10 minutes
- ¾ cup thinly sliced stemmed dried figs (about 2 oz.)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- All-purpose flour (for surface)
- 1 large egg, beaten to blend
- ¾ cup jam (such as strawberry)
- ¾ cup chilled heavy cream, whipped
Preheat oven to 425°. Pulse Biscuit Mix and butter in a food processor until mixture resembles coarse meal. Transfer to a large bowl. Add buttermilk; mix to just combine. Add figs and zest; mix to just combine. Transfer to a lightly floured surface; gather into a ball. Knead 4–5 times. Dust with flour as needed to prevent sticking. Roll out to a 7” square about ¾” thick. Cut in half. Cut each half crosswise into 4 rectangles.
Transfer shortcakes to a parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Brush with beaten egg; sprinkle with raw sugar.
Bake shortcakes until firm and golden brown, 13–15 minutes. Let cool slightly on a wire rack. Split; fill with jam and whipped cream.