- 2 medium leeks (white and pale green parts only), chopped
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (from about 2 ears of corn)
- 1 cup canned low-salt chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 10-ounce package couscous
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives or other brine-cured black olives (about 4 ounces), coarsley chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Heat oil in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks and corn and sauté until vegetables are soft, about 3 minutes. Add 1 cup water, wine, broth, and thyme; bring mixture to boil. Remove pan from heat and mix in couscous. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. Using fork, fluff couscous. Mix in olives and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.