The meat is cut into suitable pieces and fried in oil together with half the amount of onion and the carrot given on the large grater.
Add vinegar, then salt, pepper and bring to the boil for a minute, then add the tomato juice, garlic, bay leaves and half a cup of water and bring to a boil.
The other half of the onion is fried and added to the meat pan when it is cooked.
Leave it to boil until the sauce becomes homogeneous and bound.
Season with greens.
Baked beef with vegetables
The beef steak is marinated the night before with olive oil, greens and spices. The next day, remove the steaks from the marinade and let it drain. The remaining juice is kept for later.
Peel the onions and cut into eight. Peel the carrots and celery and cut into cubes. The leek is cut into rounds.
Heat 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil in a pan and fry the meat around over high heat. Remove the meat from the pan, salt and pepper.
Pour the rest of the sunflower oil into the pan and fry the onions, carrots and celery in it.
The meat together with the leek slices is added to the hardened vegetables, in the pan, after which it is poured over the preserved juice from the marinade and the meat soup. Cover the pan with a lid or double aluminum foil. Bake the marinated steak in the preheated oven at 200 degrees, approx. 2 hours.
Remove the meat from the pan, wrap in aluminum foil and keep warm in the oven off.
Strain the liquid. Incorporate the cream and jam. Season with salt and pepper.
During the preparation of the sauce, boil the pasta "al dente". The marinated steak is served with sauce, hardened vegetables and pasta.
- 600 gr veal
- 1 kg of potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 70 ml tomato paste
- salt, pepper, thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- chopped parsley
- 50 ml olive oil
We put the meat cut into cubes in a bowl together with the oil and a cup of water. Let it boil for 15-20 minutes until the water decreases and the meat browns in the remaining oil.
Add onion and cook for another 1-2 minutes, salt, pepper, thyme, paprika, bay leaf and tomato paste.
Stir to flavor the meat, put the potatoes and about 1 liter of warm water, cover and simmer until the potatoes are cooked.
At the end we add the chopped parsley.
If you find yourself in the taste of the recipes on this blog, we are waiting for you every day and on facebook page. You will find there many recipes posted, new ideas and discussions with those interested.
* You can also sign up for Recipes group of all kinds. There you will be able to upload your photos with tried and tested dishes from this blog. We will be able to discuss menus, food recipes and much more. However, I urge you to follow the group's rules!
You can also follow us on Instagram and Pinterest, with the same name "Recipes of all kinds".
Stewed with veal liver
Stewed with veal liver from: veal liver, onion, salt, pepper, butter, flour, wine, bay leaf, parsley, sour cream.
- 1 veal liver (500 g)
- 4-5 onions
- 50 g butter î
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 glass of white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- green parsley
- sour cream
Method of preparation:
Melt the butter and fry the onion, cleaned and cut into juliennes. Add the flour, mix and then place the liver on top.
Turn the liver on all sides to brown well. Add the wine, salt, pepper, bay leaf and cover with a lid. Bring to a simmer until the liver is well penetrated.
Serve the liver, sliced, with strained sauce, green parsley and cream.
Beef stew from: beef, beef breast, ham, smoked, oil, salt, pepper, wine, mushrooms, parsley, flour, new potatoes, olives, tomatoes, garlic.
- 300 g beef
- 300 g beef breast
- 300 g smoked ham
- 200 ml oil
- 200 ml of red wine
- 300 g mushrooms
- green parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon flour
- 400 g new potatoes
- 150 g olives
- 300 g tomatoes
- 5 cloves of garlic
Cut the meat into 10 equal pieces, sauté it in oil with the saffron, salt, pepper.
After the liquid is reduced by half, put the pitted olives, chopped mushrooms and tomatoes, wine, garlic. When ready, place the dish in a deep dish and bring to the table.
Ingredients Veal goulash with dumplings and potatoes & # 8211 Hungarian recipe
- 1 kilogram of veal (or mature beef, in which case the preparation will take longer), usually pulp is used
- 450 grams of onions (+/-)
- 2 tablespoons lard
- 3 tablespoons top quality red paprika, flavored, made 100% red paprika
- 1 kg of potatoes
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 cloves of healthy garlic
- 200 grams of diced tomatoes & # 8211 I used Passata rustica from Mutti & # 8211 or 2 large tomatoes, well cooked
- 2 carrots (about 150 grams)
- 1 strand of parsley root
- 1 bell pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika (or to taste)
- 2 bay leaves
- chopped green parsley
- 1 or
- about 80 gr. of flour (for a softer noodle dough)
- 1 pinch of salt
Preparation of ingredients for veal goulash with dumplings and potatoes
1. In order for things to go fast and well, it is good to prepare all the ingredients, to have them at hand. Here is a little discussion: if you find it strange to use two different types of carbohydrates, both potatoes and dumplings, you can give them up. In this case, you will have to double the weight specified in the list, using 2 kilograms of potatoes.
Know that goulash does not have a standard recipe and is not a seasonal dish. The shepherds of old did not buy imported vegetables in the winter, but that did not stop them from boiling a hearty soup. Vegetables such as bell peppers and fresh tomatoes can therefore be excluded from the list of ingredients without any problems. Simply use an extra drop of paprika instead of peppers and canned tomatoes instead of fresh ones.
2. Cut the meat into cubes about 3-4 cm. Peel the potatoes, wash them well and cut them into cubes, keeping them in water. Peel the onion and finely chop. Peel a squash, grate it and cut it into cubes (if used). The roots are cleaned and chopped into rounds or cubes, as desired. The cumin is ground. When we've done all this, we can start cooking goulash.
Preparation Calf goulash with dumplings and potatoes
3. I confess, at this step I deviated a little from all the Hungarian goulash recipes I studied. They provide to harden the onion, then add the paprika, water and only then the meat. If you want, you can do so, in fact, at the end of the recipe you will find a video recipe from nosalty.hu, very explicit, even if you do not know Hungarian (with
½ of the quantities of ingredients used by me).
Starting from the idea that the Maillard reaction is responsible for the good taste of the meat, in almost all situations, we did things in a different order. Specifically, I seasoned the diced meat with salt, pepper and a teaspoon of cumin. I heated the lard in a large pot and added the meat. I mixed it from time to time with the wooden spoon, for about 8 minutes, until the pieces of meat started to brown from place to place. I took out the meat with a whisk and put it in a bowl.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE
4. Immediately, in the remaining fat in the pan I added all the chopped onion and a pinch of salt. I reduced the heat to medium-low and hardened the onion for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it softened.
5. I added the paprika and the hardened meat to step 3, along with the juice he left. I stirred vigorously until everything turned red, then I immediately added 2.5 liters of hot water.
6. Season the liquid with salt to taste and bring to a boil. I added the grated garlic through a small grater (it can be crushed or finely chopped).
7. Also now I added the ground cumin in the pot and mixed well.
8. I also added the tomatoes, in my case the Passata rustica from Mutti, which has both consistent tomato juice and whole pieces.
9. I added the bell pepper, carrots and parsley root to the pot.
10. I cooked the meat with the vegetables over medium-low heat, with the lid on one side, until it started to soften. Depending on how tender the meat is, it may take more or less to cook. It is important to have a tender, not sticky, pieces in the goulash. It took me about an hour and a half until it boiled enough to move on to the next step. During cooking, I also filled the evaporated liquid with hot water.
11. After the meat began to soften, I put the potatoes in the pot, along with the water in which I kept them. In total, the volume of the liquid in the goulash pot should be about 4 liters, all be well covered. I now added the bay leaves, covered with a lid and let it simmer for another 30-40 minutes.
Preparation and boiling csipetke dumplings
12. While the meat and potatoes are bubbling slightly under the lid, I quickly prepare the dumplings. For this, I beat the egg with a little salt with a fork. I added the flour spoon by spoon, mixing, then kneading everything until you get a non-sticky dough, but softer than the one for homemade noodles.
13. Csipet means "pinched" in Hungarian, so csipetke there are pinches of dough. Simply break with two small fingers the pieces of dough that will be added to the thick soup. I broke them all from the beginning and put them on a sheet of baking paper.
14. After the potatoes were almost cooked, I added the csipetke dumplings to the goulash pot, all at once. I used baking paper. Be careful, if the liquid is insufficient, fill it with hot water so that the dumplings can boil. I let it boil for about 10 minutes, so that the dough cooks well.
15. After the dumplings have been cooked, turn off the heat, season the juice with salt, hot paprika (to taste) and pepper and cover with a lid. A good goulash is left to rest in the pot for about 20-30 minutes before serving, during which time all the added flavors will befriend for minutes. Before serving, sprinkle chopped green parsley.
It has a dream flavor, it is consistent and you will definitely not want anything more. Than, maybe, another plate of goulash.
The vegetables are cleaned and washed.
Place in the Crock Pot Multicooker container with pressure cooking together with the veal bone.
Add salt to taste and 2.5 liters of water.
Put the lid in the closed position and set the HIGH position to MEAT / STEW with cooking time 45 minutes. The steam valve closes.
At the end of the time, leave it for another 10 minutes, then release the steam, using a kitchen glove.
If the soup is not clear, it can be strained and served with pieces of meat and vegetables. Good appetite!
Preparation of lamb stew
The lamb is washed and fried for a few minutes, over a low heat, then add the onion and garlic, cut into pieces no more than 3 cm long, mix and leave for another 5 minutes. Add the pre-cooked borscht, tomato paste and a cup of water. Bring to the boil, and when the meat is quite tender, salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle a little rosemary (or dill, if you prefer) and put in the oven, over medium heat, for about 30 minutes, until reduced. the sauce. Serve with fresh greens to taste.
For the stew sauce, in a blender mix 1 tablespoon of flour, 2 tablespoons of broth, 2 tablespoons of vinegar, 100 ml of red wine and a little salt. Mix the ingredients well until the sauce is homogeneous.
Now we will put the stew in the oven, for this you can either put the sauce in the pot over the meat and greens, and then put the pan in the oven, or do as I do, namely use a ceramic pot, in which you put the lamb, greens and the sauce after boiling, together with the sauce of wine, flour and broth, cover the bowl with aluminum foil and put in the oven for 15-20 minutes on medium heat.
BEEF SPOON WITH CARROT PURPLE AND COOKED PEPPERS
I was so delighted by the very special taste of a vacuum-cooked cod fillet not long ago, that I really wanted to try this method with a wonderful milk calf sparrow. It has a deep aroma with a little fat on the edge that should not be removed just to maintain its fragility and I fully enjoy it every time I prepare it. It is a fine and pretentious meat, therefore I am sure that it is very well cooked sous-vide especially to benefit to the maximum from the texture and juiciness characteristic of any assortment of beef, especially those suitable for steaks and grills. I admit, it is not so cheap, but, at least from time to time, it is worth enjoying an excellent and very refined veal steak, be it antricot, musk, T-bone or sparrow, as in my case.
In today's recipe I present a milk veal sparrow with carrot puree and roasted peppers. In addition to a delicious red wine sauce prepared at the end, I garnished my steak cooked in a vacuum with an arugula salad and a few pieces of root from which I made the creamy puree.
- 215 gr. boneless milk calf sparrow
- 4 medium carrots
- 1 pc. parsnip
- 100 ml. milk
- 80 gr. butter
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 60 ml. Red wine
- salt and pepper to taste
1 First, put a pot on low heat with about 2 liters of water and bring to a temperature of about 55 ° C. You must have one with a suitable lid because it will help maintain a constant temperature for a longer period. long after it is set aside from the heat.
2 Season the meat with salt and pepper on both sides then place it in a ziplock bag with a zipper next to a cube of butter and 2 sprigs of thyme. If you have a special device at hand (be it a pump as in my case, as I mentioned in the recipe for code tabs here), vacuum the bag so as to remove as much air from inside, or if not, slowly immerse it in the heated water and thus remove the air, taking care to seal the bag without dropping a drop of water from the vessel. If you notice that the temperature has dropped a little, put the pot on the fire for a few more minutes and set it aside. Place the lid on top of it and let the meat cook sous-vide for about an hour at a set temperature that you can adjust from time to time if needed.
for 2 servings:
3-4 pieces of veal ribs
4 tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves of garlic
salt, pepper, oregano. basil
The veal ribs are boiled for 40 minutes. Peel a squash, grate it and boil it. After they have boiled, they are taken out of the water, cut into quarters and we put them in a bowl next to the beef ribs that were also cooked beforehand. Add the olive oil and season with salt, pepper, oregano and basil to taste. At the end, sprinkle the crushed garlic on top and put the tray in the oven for 40-50 minutes (temp. 180 degrees)
Try this video recipe too